I woke up this morning to the nicest email to say I had been nominated by the lovely Secrets of a Young Wife for the Liebster Awards. I have seen other bloggers nominated for this award but never thought I would be one of them. What an honour! Now I know this isn’t going to be some grand affair, but I think it is a really lovely way of acknowledging other like-minded individuals who are working hard to make waves in their own areas of interest.
The Rules of a Liebster Award:
- Post the Liebster Award logo on your blog, on your homepage or in a post.
- Link back to your nominator
- Answer the ten questions they have set up for you.
- Nominate ten other bloggers for the award (preferably with under 1000 followers) and let them know they’ve been nominated.
- Think of ten questions for your nominees to answer.
My Liebster Questions:
1. What inspired you to start blogging? – I started this blog in early 2013 to share my love of all things sweet and to help keep track of my baking and decorating attempts. I’d like to think that my blog focuses on fun and easy baking, being a place to explore my favourite recipes, desserts and decorating tips!
2. What is your favourite thing to make your family or friends? – I LOVE baking cakes and this is usually what I would make. Whether it’s a celebration cake, or a chocolate loaf cake for an afternoon of tea, anything spongey, creamy or chocolatey is a sure winner for me (and my family and friends!)
3. Who is your cooking/baking inspiration? – I think baking with my mother when I was a child helped me to find that love for making cakes,and from that I’ve taught myself various skills and techniques. For cooking, probably my boyfriend – I have always been a baker but never a chef. I didn’t do a lot of cooking before we got together and he did, so he definitely inspired me to learn .. and quickly. Now we spend a lot of time cooking together and I’ll even show him a thing or two when it comes to baking. I also have a lot of love for Mary Berry, her cook books take up a fair few shelves on my bookcase!
4. What do you like to do in your spare time? – I’m a bit of a gym bunny and tend to go 3 times a week. I think it’s really important to have a healthy lifestyle of regular exercise and a balanced diet. I know I bake A LOT, but everything in moderation right?! I’m also a great lover of the outdoors and really enjoy going for long walks in the countryside.
5. What is your favourite meal? – This is such a difficult questions! I’m a huge foodie but I think bacon risotto has to be one of my favourite meals, plenty of veggies and finished off with cheese for a creamy texture. After all, who doesn’t love bacon AND cheese!
6. What is your idea of happiness? – Being surrounded by people that love you and the ones you love back, because then you know you’ll always have someone there for you and vice versa. Friends and family are the most important people to me and will always bring me happiness.
7. What things do you not like to eat? – I’m actually not a huge fan of sea food. I eat salmon and only recently managed a few small prawns, but the thought of anything else makes me a little sick! I’m not sure why, I think it might have something to do with it’s texture!
8. Chocolate or Vanilla? –
Vanilla, Chocolate. Definitely Chocolate!
9. What is one thing on your cooking/baking bucket list that you have not had the chance to make yet? – Baked Alaska
10. What do you feel is your biggest blog accomplishment? – I literally couldn’t believe when I had 100 followers. When I first started my blogging journey I really wasn’t expecting to get many readers. I just thought it would be a good place to finally make a note of all the recipes I try, so to now have over 140 followers is a real achievement for me and motivates me to continue to blog EVERYTHING!
Questions for my nominees:
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. Who would be your perfect dinner party guest?
3. What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
4. What are the 3 things you just cannot live without?
5. Do you prefer a home-cooked meal, or to go out to a restaurant?
6. Describe yourself in 3 words
7. What do you value most in life?
8. Sweet or savoury?
9. What is your favourite post that you’ve written? (Please provide link!)
10. Where would you like to be in 5 years time?
I really hope you guys will participate, I’d love to see your answers to my questions!
Thank you again to Secrets of a Young Wife for the nomination!