- 125g butter (unsalted)
- A pinch of salt
- 75g sugar
- 150g flour
- 63g rice flour
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and salt until soft and creamy. If you use salted butter in your baking then you will not need to add the extra salt!
- Add the flours and bring together with your hands to form a stiff dough.
- Line a tray with greaseproof paper and transfer the dough onto the tray. Mold the dough into a log and then roll with a pin into a oblong shape about 14 inches long and about 4 inches wide.
- Prick all over with a fork and pinch around edges for decoration.
- Mark into one inch slices with a sharp knife and bake without fan at 160c for about 25-30 min, until they start to brown slightly on top.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle generously with caster sugar.
- Cool on tray until firm then move to wire rack.