This simple recipe will make it very difficult not to want scones on a daily basis!
- 225g self raising flour
- 25g caster sugar
- 55g butter
- pinch of salt
- 150ml milk
- Heat the oven to 220C and lightly grease a baking sheet or use baking paper
- Mix together the flour and salt and rub in the butter.
- Stir in the sugar and then the milk to get a soft dough.
- Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly. Pat out to a round 2cm/¾in thick.
- Use a 5cm/2in cutter (or glass) to stamp out rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of the scones with milk or beaten egg.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden.