This is definitely a ‘practice makes perfect’ recipe but great fun to make and tastes amazing! If you want to have a go at making this yourself, you will need:
- 1/2 a packet of regular Oreos (about 20 cookies)
- 1 bar of white chocolate, broken into small chunks
- 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract (or slightly more, it all depends on how pepperminty you like it- I found 1/4 tsp gave a really pepperminty taste!)
- Green food colouring (optional)
- Break the Oreos into a large bowl using the end of a wooden rolling pin.
- If you are using the hob, gently heat the chocolate over a bowl of hot water and still continuously until the chocolate has completely melted. If you are using the microwave, put the chocolate chunks into a microwavable bowl and heat slowly making sure not to burn the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate have completely melted, take off the heat and quickly add the peppermint and food coloring. Then stir in the Oreos.
- The green food colouring is optional – I opted out of using mine as I know the gel gives a really strong colouring!
- Line a baking tin with greaseproof paper and pour the mixture into the lined pan. You don’t want the mixture to sit too thick in the tin as it will make it easier to break if the layer is thin!
- Pop it in the freezer for two hours until completely hardened.
Break it up and enjoy!