I’m a massive fan of the Banoffee Pie! I mean who isn’t! And there are so many variations on how to make them! I must admit, mine has certainly changed over the years and is much more simple today!
Fancy a little slice of sweetness this summer?
I know it looks like a sticky caramel mess, but trust me, it’s delicious!
- 1 tin of Carnation Caramel3-5 whole bananas – skinned and finely sliced
- 100g of melted butter
250g of digestive biscuits, crushed (although I like to do 125g of digestive biscuits and the other 125g of chocolate coated HobNob biscuits)
- 300ml wipping cream
- Grated chocolate – to decorate
- Lightly crush the digestive biscuits and add the melted butter. Stir well until the mixture has combined and spoon the crumbs into your tin (I would recommend a loose-bottom tart tin).
- Press the crumbs into the base of the tin (and the sides if you wish – I usually prefer a nice thick biscuity base!)
- Leave to chill in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes (or until the base has hardened).
- There are two ways to do the next part, I choose to do mine this way ..
- Slice the bananas and scatter over the crumb base. Then spread the contents of the Carnation Caramel over the banana layer with a spoon or spatular. Chill in the fridge until it’s ready to serve.
- or … Use a spatular to smooth the Carnation Caramel over the biscuity base. Slice the bananas andlayer over the top of the caramel. Spoon over the whipped cream and decorate with grated chocolate. Chill in the fridge until it’s ready to serve!
And voila, a perfect sweet treat for an afternoon enjoying the sunshine!
And Carnation have a massive variety of different bakes you can treat yourself to this summer which adapts the classic Banoffee Pie recipe, so make sure to check them out!