If you fancy making a bit of French Toast this weekend, why not check out my easy “How To” recipe below. I’m sure you already have most of the basics (eggs, milk, bread) sat in your kitchen cupboards, so grab a pen and paper and make a shopping list for the rest, you won’t be disappointed.
- 2 slices of thick sliced bread
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
- Icing sugar to dust
- Maple syrup
- Beat egg, vanilla and cinnamon in a shallow dish and add the milk.
- Stir all the ingredients together until well combined (I like to use a fork to lightly whisk the ingredients together).
- Dip bread in egg mixture, turning to cover both sides evenly.
Cook the bread slices on a lightly greased non stick pan on amedium heat until brown on both sides.
- Plate up, and if you want, sieve a light layer of icing sugar over the top of your French Toast, and drizzle maple syrup (trust me, it makes all the difference!)
- You can also add bananas to your French Toast – try caramelising them in the pan with a little bit of butter for a few minutes until they have softened and browned slightly on each side.
- When they have been cooked they get this beautiful sweet taste which is a perfect treat for a Sunday morning