I absolutely love flapjacks, they are so quick and easy to make and even more delicious to eat! There are so many different ways to make them as well, using a number of different ingredients. This is my super easy gooey golden syrup flapjack receive which will have you munching away with a cuppa in 30 minutes!
- 250g Porridge Oats
- 125g Butter
- 125g Brown Sugar
- 2-3 tbsps Golden Syrup (depends how gooey you want your flapjack pieces)
- In a saucepan, melt together the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup until a gooey ‘tar like’ mix has formed.
- Add the oats, and stir until completely covered and all the ingredients are combined.
- Lightly grease a baking tin with butter and spoon in all the mixture.
- Using the back of a spoon press into the corners so the mixture is flat.
- Bake in the oven for around 12-15 minutes (depending on how gooey you like your flapjacks!) at 180 degrees.
The amount the mixture makes really depends on the size of your flapjack. Mine made about 9 large pieces, and they went down a real treat! As you can see, they are perfect with a cuppa too!