Last year I experimented with these Raspberry and Chocolate Brownies, and after all the Easter bakes and these Easter Chocolate Brownies, I had a real craving for another slice! Incorporating both recipes, I think I have finally found the right balance and with the added cooking time, these brownies are still perfectly moist, and extremely delicious!
- 200g 70% Dark chocolate
- 100g Milk chocolate
- 250g Salted butter (if you only have unsalted, just add a pinch of salt)
- 300g Soft light brown sugar
- 4 Large eggs
- 175g Plain flour
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- 1 punnet of fresh raspberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Line your tin with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolates, butter and sugar together over a low heat.
- Once they are melted, remove from the heat and leave to cool for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Beat in each egg, one by one and once combined, stir in the flour.
- Place half of the batter into the bottom of your tin. Spread half the punnet of raspberries over this batter evenly.
- Pour the other half of the batter over the raspberries and smooth out with a spatula.
- Decorate with the remaining raspberries and bake for about 30-40 minutes depending on the thickness of your brownies and the tin size that you have chosen to use. As a quick tip, the skewer should come out only just clean!
This recipe really is so simple to make, and the brownies themselves are delicious. The added raspberries are a really nice touch, and add a different texture to the brownies. I just love the taste of the sweetness of the chocolate against the almost sour taste of the raspberries. And when you get a big chunk of white chocolate, what a treat! As chocolate brownies go, these now have to be one of my favourites!
These were demolished pretty quickly over the weekend, and enjoyed thoroughly in the sunshine after a few hours pottering around the garden! The nice thing about these brownies is that they really are so simple to make, and you can be eating them with a cup of coffee within the hour!
How was your weekend?
Did you bake anything scrumptious?