Inbetween fitting a bathroom, I have been really busy these last few weeks baking a load of goodies, from cute floral birthday cupcakes to lots of scrumptious little snacks which kept us going while we were hard at work! The first of my little baking frenzy came in the form of gooey golden syrup flapjacks!
I absolutely love flapjacks, they are so quick and easy to make and even more delicious to eat! There are so many different ways to make them as well, using a number of different ingredients. My mother likes hers soft all over and uses a recipe that involves cooking them in the microwave! Me, I like mine just plain and simple, oven baked, with a gooey centre and crisp outside!
- 250g Porridge Oats
- 125g Butter
- 125g Brown Sugar
- 2-3 tbsps Golden Syrup (depends how gooey you want your flapjack pieces)
- In a saucepan, melt together the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup until a gooey ‘tar like’ mix has formed.
- Add the oats, and stir until completely covered and all the ingredients are combined.
- Lightly grease a baking tin with butter and spoon in all the mixture.
- Using the back of a spoon press into the corners so the mixture is flat.
- Bake in the oven for around 12-15 minutes (depending on how gooey you like your flapjacks!) at 180 degrees.
The amount the mixture makes really depends on the size of your flapjack. Mine made about 9 large pieces, and they went down a real treat! As you can see, they are perfect with a cuppa too!
What would you add to yours?
Enjoy reading posts from LOVE the little bakery? Don’t forget to give me a follow. Exciting posts to come include: delicious millionaire shortbread slides, homemade salted pretzels and how to turn your cupcakes into floral pieces of art! I am so excited!