I am the first to admit, I LOVE cookies! They are just perfect with their chocolatey goodness, soft, gooey middles and crunchy edges! (I could just eat another whilst typing this .. excuse me!) I usually just go for the traditional cookie dough, pop in the oven until the chocolate chips have gone a bit gooey, take out and devour the lot with a glass of milk (okay, so may be over a couple of days!) After having a bit of a Google session to look a different variations, I came across Butter Baking which is an amazing blog on baked goods. I couldn’t believe you could make cookies with 3 ingredients and they would taste that good! The original recipe was for Nutella, but my partner isn’t a fan of hazelnuts (I mean who doesn’t like Nutella!), but anyway, I substituted this for normal chocolate spread, and I would like to think they tasted just a scrummy as with the Nutella!
- 1 cup of chocolate spread (Nutella if you wish)
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1 egg
- Extra chocolate spread for the filling of the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line your baking trays with grease proof paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chocolate spread and egg. Add the flour and stir until incorporated.
- Roll a small teaspoon of dough into a ball and flatten with your palm to your desired size, then place on the lined baking tray.
- Spoon a small teaspoon of cold chocolate spread in the center of the cookie (It’s so tempting just to eat now!)
- Roll a second small teaspoon of dough into a ball and flatten with your palm to the size of the other flattened dough ball. Place it over the Nutella and press the edges of the two cookies together.
- Once you have done this with all the cookie dough, bake in the oven for 6 – 8 minutes depending on how soft you want your cookies. I love mine on the chewer side, but if you prefer more of a crunch, I would recommend another couple of minutes.
The mixture made about 8 large cookies and although they went down a treat, I think next time I would want to make them slightly smaller and add more chocolate spread to the middles! I’ll definitely be making these again, they are super quick and easy to make and need no time in the oven to go all soft and gooey (just how I like them!)
How do you like to make your cookies?