- 110g butter
- 100g lightly packed brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 250g self-raising flour
- Choc chips or broken cooking chocolate to taste
- 1 heaped tablespoon of coca powder
- Beat together both the caster and brown sugar with the butter and vanilla essence until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the egg and add to the mixture before beating again (it may curdle to start with, just beat a little longer and it will come back together).
- Add the self raising sugar, cocoa powder and chocolate pieces, making sure the mixture is well combined.
- Mix everything together with a fork until a soft dough is made.
- Put small balls of dough onto greased baking sheets, well apart to accommodate spreading.
- Depending on how big you want your cookies will depend on how many the dough makes. I like mine slightly on the larger size, meaning I can happily make 16 cookies. If you like them more as a light bite, you could quite happily stretch the mixture to make about 36!
- Finally, bake in a fan oven at 180c for about 10 minutes – this is where you will need to judge for yourself how long they need to go in for depending on how you like them! Personally, 8 minutes is amble of time -you want them to have grown in size and have cracked slightly on the top!
Once you have removed from the oven, allow to firm up for a minute or two, before cooling on a wire rack. Now, storing these bad boys shouldn’t be a problem, a small tin will do! Although if your like me, they may not even last long enough to make it to a tin!